Code of Conduct
Our anime convention has a number of rules, policies, and regulations that help make the convention run smoothly and be as fun as possible for everyone. We encourage you to read our rules to understand what is expected to help make the best, most successful, and most fun weekend possible. Violations of these rules and responsibilities can result in loss of privileges, up to and including ejection without refund, legal action, or involvement of the authorities.
The Most Important Rule: Do not do anything that could make the convention less fun for other attendees, the hotel, the staff, or for yourself. If it’s dangerous, obnoxious, uncomfortable, or otherwise, do not do it. It is all of our responsibility to let everyone have a safe, respectful, and fun weekend.
- If it is illegal outside of the convention, it is illegal here. Excessive or underage alcohol use, drug use, harassment, carrying firearms, and many other things are illegal, and will result in your loss of the privilege to attend our convention. If you have a safety or security concern, bring it to the convention’s operations center immediately. In emergencies, dial 911.
- If you are hosting a party where alcohol is being served, it is your responsibility as host to ensure that the age of anyone drinking alcohol is checked. You should also designate someone not to drink, so that there is a fully competent person present to deal with any emergencies that might arise.
- All attendees must wear their badge at all times throughout the convention, and it must be presented to convention staff on request at any time.
- Cosplay props/weapons must be checked and peace bonded. No live-steel, realistic-looking guns or other potentially hazardous props will be allowed.
- Selling anything of any kind at the convention is prohibited unless you are a registered exhibitor with the convention. Bootleg merchandise is prohibited.
- If you suspect a vendor of selling unlicensed goods, please alert a volunteer or staff member. Please only use public walkways, elevators or stairs. Do not obstruct thoroughfare.
- Pets and animals are not allowed in the convention space or hotel, unless they are working animals (such as seeing eye dogs).
- Smoking and vaping are not allowed in our hotel (including the courtyard).
- Be courteous during any ‘ribbon hunting’. Ribbon distributors are usually busy members of the staff, exhibitors or guests. At times they may be too busy to award any ribbons. But when available, they will be happy to award any ‘earned’ ribbons. Please do not try to barter for or trade for ribbons that have not been earned though.
- By attending the convention you understand that convention staff may take video footage and photographs throughout the convention which may be used in highlights, marketing endeavors, or other media. You consent to be filmed or photographed by staff, approved industry, or media during the entire convention without compensation to you. Your attendance constitutes a grant of rights to the convention to reproduce, display, distribute, perform, creative derivative works of, or otherwise use any video or pictures that it obtains and in any manner throughout the world in perpetuity, including online, for broadcast, or other transmissions.
- These rules apply to all types of attendees, including exhibitors, press, and other con-goers. We may also establish additional policies covering press, exhibitors, and others.
The convention’s code of conduct and other rules are subject to change at any time, and without notice, at the discretion of the convention. Violation of the rules is grounds for immediate loss of your convention badge and suspension from the convention.